Skip to main content
This Is A Subjective Opinion


She would fix artificial eye lashes, put artificial nails, wear blush on her chin and take a picture in the bathroom of KFC then upload it on Facebook and Instagram. She would get hundred of likes and comments from dim-witted guys about how really pretty she is. Wow!
There is an old saying- ‘Pictures don’t lie’- well that saying is almost perfectly obsolete in this generation. Many young social networkers have mastered the art of actually making pictures lie or taking then as far from truth as possible. If you can take a picture at the right time, in the right spot and post it with the right caption then you can make people think what you want them to think. Many people have been fooled into believing something about someone just by looking at the picture on face book. Pictures do say a thousand words and 70% of it on some occasions are lies. One must learn not to believe everything they see on social network until you see it live.
A friend of mine updated his WhatsApp DP to a photo of him wearing a red Air Jordan, a skin tight Versace T-shirt and his cotton pants sagging (in short he looked like a celebrity in the outfit) he then stood behing a Land—Cruiser Prado and the caption was ‘gone up to new levels’. I hadn’t seen this guy in a long time and I thought he had actually blown like that and naturally the envy crept in. Then I visited another friend of mine, he too had seen the DP, he confirmed that he too hadn’t seen the guy for a while and it may be true that the guy had begun seeing better days. Weeks later I was a bit shocked to see him in his regular Khaki shorts and Chelsea jersey wearing a dilapidated Dunlop slipper. We got talking and he told me the picture was taken in his cousins place and all that was on him wasn’t his. Ces’t La Vie.
One should not be deceived when he sees a fantastic picture of a lady on Facebook or any social media. AS far as I’m concerned ‘Seeing is believing’. It’s very funny and disappointing when you meet a lady who posts stunning pictures on Facebook and in real life she doesn’t look half of what you thought or quite on the contrary she is rooting for you to bless her coffers. It’s even more hilarious when you also do the same thing and when you two finally meet…Well, stories that touch.
Fair enough, people would only post their finest pictures on line, everyone wants to look their best. But let your best be ‘your’ best and not the best of someone else.

Peace!

#Kay
#UniversalStory

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change your life today| 30 Behaviors That Will Make You Unstoppable

I was going through my Medium feed the other day and I came across this powerful post. Please take your time to read this. 30 Behaviors That Will Make You Unstoppable A lot of people are good at what they do. Some are even elite. A  select few  are completely unstoppable. Those who are unstoppable are in their own world. They don’t compete with anyone but themselves. You never know what they will do — only that you will be forced to respond. Even though they don’t compete with you, they make you compete with them. Are you unstoppable?  By the end of this blog you will be. Let’s get started: 1. Don’t think — know and act. “Don’t think. You already know what you have to do, and you know how to do it. What’s stopping you?” —  Tim Grover Rather than analyzing and thinking, act. Attuned to your senses, and with complete trust in yourself, do what you instinctively  feel  you should. As Oprah has said,  “Every right decision I have ever made...

Memories - Radio Drama

[Sweeping. Door creaks. Mama has entered] Chinatu: {excitedly} Mama good afternoon, Noh o! Mama: My daughter, good afternoon, kedu? How are you? Chinatu: I am fine Mama, very fine. Mama: Look at how you have managed to clean up this place. What would I do without your helping hands? Chinatu: [laughs] Mama, you would do a lot. Mama: I don’t think so o. these boys just frustrate my efforts in these house. They never do anything. All they do is go to wherever in the morning and come back when the sun has gone down, smelling of palm wine, asking of food and finding the path to their own rooms. They are twins and they are inseparable, almost every corner of this village knows them. Chinatu: But at least they help once in a while. Didn’t you say it was Chika that single handedly built the zinc shade in the back yard? And that Ihe’s came back from the farm last week with that antelope on his neck, that we’ve been eating since then. Mama: [sigh] Ok, I agree they ...

Campus Flicks - Players

He sat on the carpet and she, on top of him, her legs wrapped around his midriff. It was a quiet evening, the open window let light and breeze into the little room. They spoke almost in a whisper even though they were alone. Occasionally Anu would burst out laughing. ‘I can’t believe you would really do that to him’ Tayo said ‘you’re now a bad girl o’ She giggles ‘I’m not a bad girl, he just needed to have a piece of my mind’ ‘and you gave it to him, right there and then. Not bothering that he was a cultist?’ ‘So what? He can’t do anything to me’ ‘Don’t worry, if he tries anything just come and call me’ they laugh ‘you? Ok. I’d go about finding trouble then. You just wait’ she pokes his chest ‘I’ve not still met any guy that can take care of me the way I want’ ‘really? have you checked all the guys?’ she realizes that his hands have found a way under her blouse. They are both silent for a while; he, looking for a way to get her closer and she staring into his eyes....