Skip to main content

Love Is Not Worth The Trouble

Love Is Not Worth The Trouble

I am your friend
Yet you'll watch me descend
I love you
Yet you won't want me above you

Of what good is love
If it still kills you?
Your friendship is like what?
A spittle in the dust
A puff of smoke in a storm
A message on the beach
Washed away by the retreating tide

Love is not worth the trouble
If it still drags me to the rubble
Love is not worth the stress
If it leaves me in distress

(C) Kay Ugwuzor
3-1-2015


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change your life today| 30 Behaviors That Will Make You Unstoppable

I was going through my Medium feed the other day and I came across this powerful post. Please take your time to read this. 30 Behaviors That Will Make You Unstoppable A lot of people are good at what they do. Some are even elite. A  select few  are completely unstoppable. Those who are unstoppable are in their own world. They don’t compete with anyone but themselves. You never know what they will do — only that you will be forced to respond. Even though they don’t compete with you, they make you compete with them. Are you unstoppable?  By the end of this blog you will be. Let’s get started: 1. Don’t think — know and act. “Don’t think. You already know what you have to do, and you know how to do it. What’s stopping you?” —  Tim Grover Rather than analyzing and thinking, act. Attuned to your senses, and with complete trust in yourself, do what you instinctively  feel  you should. As Oprah has said,  “Every right decision I have ever made...

Rifts

Let me tell you a story A boy goes to the river. He dances at the bank of it, allowing the water to gently crawl on his legs, pouring sand between his toes and running back. He loves the chill and the motony of it. He falls in love with the river and the way the orange sun fell behind it in the evenings. He wanted to swim. He wanted an intimate relationship with the river. To travel up and down its body, caress it through and through till he knew every detail of it and it's sweet scent. Yet he feared the river. He feared because he had heard tales of men who had gone in and never swam out. Whom the river, in its beauty had taken away to unknown lands. He would look at the river and see it calm, sober and welcoming but at the thought of going in, the river roared. The boy feared the river and yet, he loved it. I am that boy and you are the river. R ifts I cannot see beyond the smoke screen and the fog that is in your eyes I cannot, somehow, convince you of the power of love an...

Campus Flicks - Players

He sat on the carpet and she, on top of him, her legs wrapped around his midriff. It was a quiet evening, the open window let light and breeze into the little room. They spoke almost in a whisper even though they were alone. Occasionally Anu would burst out laughing. ‘I can’t believe you would really do that to him’ Tayo said ‘you’re now a bad girl o’ She giggles ‘I’m not a bad girl, he just needed to have a piece of my mind’ ‘and you gave it to him, right there and then. Not bothering that he was a cultist?’ ‘So what? He can’t do anything to me’ ‘Don’t worry, if he tries anything just come and call me’ they laugh ‘you? Ok. I’d go about finding trouble then. You just wait’ she pokes his chest ‘I’ve not still met any guy that can take care of me the way I want’ ‘really? have you checked all the guys?’ she realizes that his hands have found a way under her blouse. They are both silent for a while; he, looking for a way to get her closer and she staring into his eyes....